If you want to sell your house for the best price, there are some ways to make your house look its best before putting it on the market. Here are 14 easy repairs you can make before calling your realtor to list your home.
- Give home a thorough cleaning; mop the floors, wipe down appliances for fingerprints, dust, and vacuum.
- Have the carpets professionally cleaned or replaced if damaged.
- Oil door hinges and tighten door knobs.
- Repair any dripping faucets and leaky toilets
- Replace all burned out light bulbs and clean all light fixtures
- Repair defective light switches.
- Get rid of clutter both inside and outside.
- Cut and edge grass, trim hedges, and weed gardens.
- Touch up all interior paint.
- Paint, fix or wash railings, steps, storm windows, screens and doors
- Clean out the gutters.
- Wash the windows.
- Tidy up the garage to make it look as spacious as possible.
- Paint, wash and fix garage doors and windows ·
By making these improvements, your house will make a great first impression on potential buyers and get you the best price.